Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Breast a la Crockpot

I found this recipe that sounded so good, with a little change here and there I have made it a healthier rendition.  It is delicious!

Ingredients:
1 Turkey Breast  It would be as good with chicken breasts)
1 Tablespoons I can't believe it is not butter + 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 package dry Italian seasoning mix
1 large onion in quarters
4 stalks celery
1 can low sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz Low Fat Cream Cheese
(can salt to taste)

Directions:
Brush margarine/olive oil on all sides of the turkey breast.  Rub the Italian seasoning
into the skin of the breast.  Place the onion and celery into the cavity.  Place the turkey
into a crock pot.  Add the chicken broth and pepper (salt to your taste).  Cook on low
for 6 - 8 hours.  See *** below.

Combine cream of chicken soup and cream cheese.  Warm in the microwave until smooth.
Stir into the broth in the crock pot.  *** ADD this during the last 45 minutes of cooking.
The result is tender, flavorful turkey and gravy.
Print

1 comment:

Danetta said...

I think I have everything I need to make this one (using chicken breast) and may give it a try this weekedn. It sounds wonderful! I am always looking for crockpot recipes.