Sunday, October 26, 2008

Steel Cut Oatmeal in Crockpot

The time it takes to make steel-cut oatmeal is prohibitive in my morning schedule.
A friend shared this recipe with me to make life easier, healthy and delicious.  This is the only kind of oatmeal that I can eat without BG levels going high.

I make a big batch using 8 cups of water and 2 cups of oatmeal. You may cut that in half though. I add raisins to taste also (just a few) . I put it in the crock pot on "high" for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. (see below)  Actually, I put the crock pot on a timer so it is ready when I get up in the morning. I then refrigerate the leftovers in single servings and use that the rest of the week by microwaving it.

Adding fruit, nuts or spices to your liking gives great taste and variety.

You may cook it on "low" for 6 to 7 hours of you prefer.

Print

No comments: